Wigs are notorious for having a rather short lifespan. Even the best ones won’t be able to retain their original quality and freshness after several months have passed, especially if you use them quite frequently.
However, there are still certain things that you can do to help prolong the lifespan of your wig for as much as possible. When it comes to lace wigs, for instance, most manufacturers give them an average of 6 months to a year, after which the quality and appearance will gradually start to deteriorate. If you want to keep using your lace wigs beyond this predicted lifespan, all you have to do is following the tips below:
- Before using the wig for the first time, place your hand inside the cap and shake the wig gently in order to loosen the hair. As much as possible, just use your fingers to take away any tangles. If you absolutely have to comb the hair, use a special wig brush that you can also buy from the wig store. hd lace front wig
- Washing a lace wig should not be done frequently. You should only do so when the hairs start to become visibly limp or sticky. Soak the wig for a few minutes before washing. Wash the wig gently in a basin or under running water, making sure to use only a special wig shampoo.
- After rinsing, dry the wig by patting it gently with a soft towel. When it is no longer dripping wet, you can set it on the wig stand to let it dry completely. A spray-on wig conditioner may be applied while the wig is still slightly damp.
- Some lace wigs are said to be alright to wear even while you sleep but if you want to keep the hair shiny and beautiful for as long as you can, it is best that you remove them before going to bed in order to avoid damages caused by friction.
- It is frequently said that synthetic wigs may not be exposed to heat in any way and that human hair wigs can. But like your real hair, human hair wigs can also succumb to damage due to heat exposure over time so you should avoid using hairblowers, irons and other heating devices on them as well.
By keeping these tips in mind, you will definitely be able to prolong the lifespan of your lace wig for at least a couple of years.